Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'M HEMMORAGING

I like how Hemmoraging has the word "raging" in it. xDDDDD

Today, I go to my Dad's house for Thanksgiving. Is it just me, or is EVERYBODY overlooking this holiday? I mean, sure, Christmas is HUGE, but Thanksgiving isn't just about turkey. Middle-easterners have nothing to do with it anyway (punchline drum, uber fail xDD). But seriously, are we such a materialistic community of people that we ignore the time to get together with our family and eat great food (or not so great food, if Aunt Fanny never quite got that casserole right)? I mean, there's football, too!

I know that Christmas has food, family, AND gifts, not to mention all kinds of TV specials including the good ol' classics on ABC. And there's The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, too. (CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT, ZOMG) But seriously, people, pay a-freaking-ttention and give thanks. Don't even THINK about putting up your Christmas lights until Black Friday. D8<

Ranting over...

I'm hungry. All I had this morning was toaster waffles, and maybe a bite of two-day-old brownie. But hey! It's still good and moist, unlike my mother's brownies, which she just leaves out on the counter to harden so badly we could sell it to hockey players. I like to be smart and put Seran (sp?) wrap on it, to keep it from flies and things. 8D

Also, apparently someone paid to design the box art for Okami on Wii fucked it up totally.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever had a homemade Thanksgiving meal since MJ moved in. So I've ever celebrated, like, three Thanksgivings total in my life? Once, my grandma got pre-made stuff from Safeway, another time my dad just got us turkey tv dinners and was like "have fun, kids!", and MJ's made dinner once. Or twice, I forget.

    Otherwise, it pretty much went forgotten in my family. My grandma's never had an oven, really, and my dad could never afford the food, and even if he could he couldn't have cooked anything.

    I don't think we've ever had big birthdays or Christmases either till MJ came around. My dad would buy himself stuff during the year, but when it came to Christmas he'd be like, "Uh, I ran out of money. Here's a CD or pack of cards."

    I don't think I've cared for football since I was seven, or something. I think it's hilarious, running through neighborhoods on Thanksgiving, listening to people watch football, hearing them scream during the major plays (good or bad).

    When you say someone fucked up the art design, do you mean they made it look ugly or they literally messed it up somehow? (Cuz ha, I'm picturing a Green Day scenario, where they fucked up by "losing" the songs for their album Cigarettes and Valentines, having to re-start by compiling songs for American Idiot, which turned out to be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and I WANT TO DRESS OSLO UP AS THAT WOLF THING BUT JESS WON'T LET ME CUZ SHE HATES ANYTHING JAPANESE-LOOKING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT??? HOW COULD SHE NOT LOVE OKAMI AMATERASU! It's sacrilege!

    Okay, no it isn't, but still... FUCK! I love that wolf. Oslo would look so fucking cute. D8<

    But on the box art for the Wii, apparently the person doing the box-art editing swiped a copy of a pic off of a site called IGN. If you look VERY closely, right next to the wolf's mouth, you can see the symbol for it, and if you look EVEN CLOSERER, you can see the letters "IGN". Unproffesional as shit, so says an outraged Okami fan. True dat.

    ReplyDelete