Thursday, November 18, 2010

NOWHERE TO GO

Now the war is over,
Mussolini's dead,
He wants to go to heaven
With a crown upon his head.
But the Lord said, No!
You must go down below,
All dressed up and nowhere to go.


I bought a journal a couple of days ago. It's not like your contemporary journal, all pretty and shat. It's pretty plain, with grid lines. I like it a bit better than just regular rule, but I still want pure plain paper. I've written a few funny things in it, like the first page is the page where I licked it, and a few others are lists of things. Things I found while picking up litter (plastic army man, 40 gazillion cigarette butts, a broken silly band), Things I see in the present (now the past, a piano, trophies, an old guy), and Things I am bored enough to see or do (pizza, play video games, make apple slices in the shape of bunnies and EAT THEM). Others are random doodles, like My Left Hand-Land, Recipe for a Cuddly Sock Kitty/Pewsa, and every one of my lists, above or below the writing, there is a small doodle showing what exactly I mean by "plastic army man" or "an old guy" (which is pretty much a doodle of a plastic army man or old guy xD).

I wish I knew how to play piano, so I could play The Dresden Dolls songs. I haven't heard their new album. I want to. But my favorite will always be their first album. Cuz "Truce" and "Jeep Song" are the best, in my opinion. 8D "Good Day" and "Coin-Operated Boy" makes me want a Toy Piano (not a toy piano for kids, but a tiny piano that makes a semi-music box kind of sound) xD. I also wish I could make a music box, and compose my own music box song.

My nose just bled. It's okay now, though. I went to the bathroom and stopped it up. It wasn't that bad.

Oh yeah, two whole pages of my little journal of "no particular thoughts" is dedicated to internal dialogue. It's funny to read. Things like, "Lizards!" and "SOMEBODY smells like peanut-butter..." and "What happens if you SIT on a crack?" just make my day sometimes. My favorite has to be, "If Peter Piper picked and Edward Cullen, how many Twilight fans would commit suicide?" I have a better idea--how about we convert them all to reading some GOOD writing, like J.R.R Tolkein, or C.S Lewis (Screwtape Letter and Narnia series FTW), or even my new guilty pleasure Scott Westerfeld?

Good writers FTW.

2 comments:

  1. I've never read The Screwtape Letters, but I've heard nothing but good things about it. I've also never read anything Scott Westerfeld, but once I considered buying one of the Uglies books.

    I wish I still kept a physical journal, but for the last few years, every time that I start one, I only write in a few pages of the journal, abandon it for a new one, write a few pages in the new one, abandon it, the cycle goes on.

    Also, I like line breaks---I think they look better online than on physical paper.

    The one thing I miss about physical journals is being able to turn the letters into things. By that I mean, if I want to say something like, "Am I the only one who feels this way?" I could write the word "one" by a series of actual number ones that, together, form the letter. Or, just clever stuff like that. Whenever I was on my period, I liked to write in red ink or use fire for words. I liked having pictures as intermissions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that pictures should always interrupt writing. But I don't always follow it. >3< When I write a story, I just go on and on and totally forget to stop and doodle the scene. It's one of the reasons I like comics--you can see and read at the same time. 8D

    Just, sometimes I get on a roll when writing, or the writing is too serious for a little cartoon.

    I like to write japanese-style, sometimes--where words float over or around a picture, accentuated by the image. If you've ever played Okami, you would kinda know what I'm talking about. xD

    ReplyDelete