Monday, November 1, 2010

WHAT IS IT/ MANNA?

I walked into Math today and on my desk were two random objects: a tiny, rotted leaf and a little silver paper disc that is normally found on bottles to keep the stuff on the inside from "spoiling". I gave them both a hard look, wondered who would have put them here, and if their purpose was to make people wonder the exact same thing I was wondering. Then I threw them in the trash.

I walked into the bathroom and SO MANY PEOPLE were in there. I bumped into the same girl twice and stepped on somebody's foot. I thought, "I really wish Danielle were still here, so that I could complain to her about every little last detail, like the girl that keeps getting in my way and how I miss all of my gradumanated friends so badly."

I just saw her last night, but I miss her so much already.

Also, I was ignored. I felt like I didn't exist, and while that's nothing new, I was ignored by the teachers. Well, forgotten, actually, but I still felt like people thought I wasn't important enough to even look at.

I want to re-read the Redwall series. I began reading them in Jr. High out of the school library (as well as Animorphs), but they didn't have the whole chronological selection (Animorphs as well, but it was worse). I don't think I ever finished the Adventure of Luke, or whatever it was. Or even started it.

For English, though, I'm reading Blue Highways by William Least Heat-Moon. It's pretty rad. The characters he meets throughout the thing, the conversations he has, seem to me like it's not a memoir at all, but just something he came up with, like fiction. D8<

Whenever I want to feel artistic in a writing sense (as in decribing something), I think, "What would ESO do?" xD

I have so many clothes handed down from my sister. I need to go through them and throw out ones I don't like or would never wear anymore, because my drawers are PACKED.

I miss my Sasuke boxers. T^T

4 comments:

  1. If I have any writerly influences, it's definitely:

    -Jhonen Vasquez, for sarcasm/humor.

    -Marilyn Manson, for gross/dark/bodily-function type things.

    -JK Rowling, for dialogue. Whenever I use dialogue in blog entries, I imagine the characters are the characters of HP. For instance, one day I'll be Harry, my adviser will be Umbridge or McGonagall or whatever, and so forth.

    -Jeanette Winterson, for art in a "quiet" or symbolic/biblical way.

    -Richard Adams, for animal/nature descriptions and scenes.

    That's probably it. I adopt voices so easily---all summer, I spent thinking in Marco (from the Animorphs) and Ellen DeGeneres's voice. Lately, I've been thinking pretty gangsta---that greatly influences my writing style.

    So, what would ESO do?

    Look to the above authors and adopt other people's voices. (Adoption without choice, but adoption nonetheless!)

    I spend about an hour blogging per day---it's not like I randomly string words together. I think about what I'm saying, how I'm going to present it without straying from the truth, what parts of the actual events I can/should cut, who my audience is (you and Koi), and what I'll want to remember 20 yrs from now, if I ever re-read my entries.

    The ONE thing I think is most boring is school-related entries---for instance, I won't bitch about falling behind on homework or worrying about a test. If I were to post those kinds of entries, I'd post them every day---it'd get boring. Instead, I try to focus on little details that are quirky and that DON'T happen every day----those are always the most fun things to read from my 7th and 8th grade journals (like the rotted leaf and silver disk that you mentioned).

    I take journaling seriously, yo! I spend more time on it than actual schoolwork.

    So, wait! You wear boxers? Or, your Sasuke boxers were guy-boxers? You wore them as underwear?

    I've never heard of the Redwall series or Blue Highways. If I weren't always busy I'd look into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Jhounen. JTHM ftw. 8D

    I haven't heard of the last two, but I'll look them up. Hooray for writing influences!

    I just went to Suncoast one day and found the clothing rack full of SASUKE boxers and I was liek, "HOMG NO WAI". I dun remember a fangirl episode of my life, but I do remember liking Naruto (I have a couple Anime Profiles books on it), so yeah. I wore them as PJ's and once wondered how guys got on with wearing boxers as underwear. I didn't skip panties, but let me tell you, those boxers were EXTREMELY comfortable. But it prolly made my butt look big since I always wear tight pants. xDD

    Redwall is a children's series, and Blue Highways is for Choice Novel. 8D IT'S HUGE! If you ever have a TON of spare time, I encourage you to read Blue Highways, because it's a doozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanette Winterson wrote "Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit," which is a semi-autobiographical novel about a lesbian who grows up in a super-religious home.

    Richard Adams wrote "Watership Down," an allegorical/semi-religious novel about rabbits who must leave their "warren" (home, hence the title of my blog) and move to a new one. Along the way, they must battle other rabbits. (A rabbit army is called an owsla---the book is full of creative vocabulary like Lord of the Rings.)

    I mostly only ever wear girl boxers. I've never worn the guy kind, but yeah, I've laways wondered, too, how they wore them. I'm like, "How do you wear skinny jeans and boxers? Isn't that like wearing skinny jeans over shorts? Unless you DON'T wear boxers with skinny jeans?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when guys wear their pants so low that unless they're wearing a long shirt, you can see their boxers. Dude, it's not cool to wear your underwear OUTSIDE of your clothing. Unless you're promoting the cure for breast/testicular/ovarian cancer at a parade. Then it's okay. But it's still kind of gross. xD

    ReplyDelete