Friday, October 15, 2010

STRESSED AND I DUN WANNA WRITE ABOUT EET

So let's do something fun today.

Today is a friday, and it happens to be a Good Friday--no, not like the Friday before Easter, but the friday that is a B-day, becauase my B-days are the easiest. I mean, my A-days aren't too bad, but I always dread them. B-days, I look forward to because I have Diddy twice in a row. I mean, I guess I should dread Diddy's class, because of all of my classes, it should be the hardest, but it's nice in thar. I don't hate anybody in that class (not that I hate anybody in any of my classes, but there are certain classes where I sit next to smelly folk and it ain't pleasant), and the work is semi-easy (doing it is the easy part--it's doing it ALL, turning it in and making sure you stayed on the rabbit trail that's hard xD), and best of all, I get to look forward to my next class--Creative Writing.

The one thing I would only dread about this day, which never comes to me beforehand until I actually face it, is getting my HUGE literature textbook out of my locker. It's about seven inches tall, six inches wide, and three or four inches thick. The thing's a behemoth. And I'm expected to bring this thing home? Not likely. I'm glad I have about two hours to do all my work before I go home, or else I would be in serious pain.

But it's days like these, where I know my weekend is going to be packed, that I wish I owned a car. T^T

My mother actually gave me a piece of paper last week or so that had a picture of a VW bus for sale. It was pretty beat-up, but it only had about a hundred miles or so on its new motor. I took one look at its $3000 price tag and nearly freaked. THAT WAS SO CHEAP! Especially for a thing that wasn't too beat up. Sure, the brakes might need replacing and the transmission fixed and all that good mechanical stuff that I don't know how to do (can you even fix a transmission? I've heard there are some mechanical parts of a car that can't be fixed--only replaced), but by golly I will learn and GET THAT BUS!

But so far, I've only got about $150 in my savings account, and exponentially less in my checking. xD BUT HUMBLE BEGINNINGS, PEOPLE! HUMBLE! BEGINNINGS!

It's not the only one out there, though. I've heard that small towns have TONS of them (literally) just waiting in someone's garage.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a senior I had De Arcos three times a day. She asked, "How does it feel to enter my classroom three times a day?" I decided to be a smartass and said, "I don't enter your room three times. I come in twice." Which I did---I had her for CW, then TA, then I left for Calc AB, then came back for her AP Lit.

    You should definitely get a VW bus and your license and not be a failure like me.

    ReplyDelete