Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DITCHED

So I took a day off of school last friday. All that week, I had been feelin' pretty down, kinda dizzy with headaches and stuff. And I was super worried about this essay I had to write for Math (I KNOW RLY?? It was ultra lame T^T) because I would have no time to finish the last two or so paragraphs in school whatsoever. SO I climbed into my mother's bed and snuggled and told her how awful I felt and that I never wanted to go to school again.

xDD No, not really. I was more like, "I don't want to go to school... but I'm not going to tell you that. I'm just going to say that I feel better, but I feel uber worried because I have this HUGE essay that needs to be finished." It was all the truth. All the time, I laid there, snuggling up to her, I stared at the curtains on the door to the backyard--there are windows in that door, which stares straight into the setting sun--which is why they got the curtains there. I felt whimsical, just a little bit, and described to myself in my head what they were like to me in that half-sleepy moment. It was dark in the room, and the only light came from the sunlight bouncing off of the neighbor's white (or beige) wall and reflecting into the room, filtered through the curtains. They were red like roses--probably to set the mood, but also to match the dark wood furniture in my parent's room. It made me want to eat chocolate covered cherries. There are pleats in the curtain, and the curls in the dark red curtain made nearly black lines when the material doubled up on itself. Some went all the way down to the bottom. Some stopped short. Some were halfway through, but stopped like the others. Somehow, I felt that these "curtain lines" were like my life--some things ran a course, some things were transient, and some were just short of staying but stopped anyhow. And then I thought how weird that was. And that I should blog about it that day, when I had time. But I wasn't home pretty much the rest of the day anyway, so it wasn't going to happen.

So after hearing my complaints, my mom said, "You can stay home from school today..." YES!! I wondered if she knew my ploy, but the presiding idea was that she came up with it all on her own, because she felt bad for me. She couldn't get angry if I asked for a day off--or something. But then immediately, she changed my doctor's appointment from 2:00 in the afternoon (when she would pick me up early from school) to 9 or so. I got to watch both Bakugan and Beyblade all the way.

So the rest of the day was pretty gnarly. I got checked out by the doctor (whom I learned was from Hawaii 8D) and she gave me some allergy pills. Then we went to go get coffee drinks at It's A Grind. My mother suggested it first. "We should go to It's A Grind," she said.

"But isn't that all the way down at Westgate?" I asked.

"Yeah, but who cares?"

xDDD Sometimes, my mother can be a rebel. When she's not being a drill sargeant. xDD

So my brother and I sucked on Road Warriors (like a frappucino, but better--it has chopped/ground/puree'd chocolate covered coffee beans mixed in with mocha or something--I don't remember--I just love the choco covered coffee bits) and got in on the Pokèmon WiFi trading action. And we talked about Spirit Week this week--and my mother decided to take us down to the nearest Savers and Big Lots for costumes. 8D

I finally have a plaid skirt! 8D Two, now, since my sister let me go through a ton of clothes she didn't want anymore and another plaid skirt was one of them. xDD

Then we visited my

2 comments:

  1. Oh, man! I remember those essays for math---when I was a math tutor I could get out of them. In the beginning, the rule was: if you're a math tutor, you don't have to write any essays. Then she changed the rule because she thought tutors had it too easy----tutors simply got extra credit.

    I like your rant about the curtains. It seems like something I'd do----look at something ordinary and pull this giant life-is-deep rant from it. (Cuz like, that's what my journal's full of, right?)

    Sometimes we go to Westgate, but mostly for ribs. (I think?!!!) I don't eat ribs, though----I get Which 'Wich, cuz I don't like fast food. (Which 'Wich is a sandwich place.)

    And wait, what are you being for Halloween and who did you visit? Did you mean to cut your entry off at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Which 'Wich, and prolly might never go thar. D8< When I want a good sandwich, I go to Corner Bakery. 8D But if I'm in the area and crave a good 'wich, then I'll head on down. 8D

    I don't celebrate Halloween, and I visited my aunt and cousins.

    I don't remember cutting it off at the end, but I think I was writing this entry in class, the bell rang, so I scrambled to save it and accidentally clicked the "publish" button. D8<

    ReplyDelete