Monday, September 27, 2010

SICK DAY

I just told my mother I really didn't want to go to school today, and here I am. I do really feel sick, though. I'm in no mood to do anything I don't want to do, which would kill my high school career if I went today, because today I have all my academics classes today. History, Apologetics, Math and Science. I think I may have forgotten to do a science homework over the weekend, so I'll finish it today.

Who was Jehosophat? Why was he jumping? And why do we use the term as an exclamatory remark? Was he a cripple? Do we like the alliteration? Or is it both?

Questions invade my head when I have nothing to do.

My current team in Pokémon SoulSilver is: Eirenaios the Ampharos, level 32; Pau the Pidgeotto, level 31; Florus the Meganium, level 32; Shanti the Furret, level 32; Kagiso the Vulpix, level 33; and Paz the Quagsire, level 33. I plan on taking the Blackthorn Gym with them. Three trainers down. How many moar to go?

Did I ever mention that Vulpix and Ninetales are my favorite pokémon? I want a shiny Ninetales. They're very pretty. I can't really go looking for one in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, because Vulpix don't exist in either of those (or do they?). The answer is: Yes, only if you dongle them from LeafGreen, which I don't have.

I can try to find one in SS and the two other pokémon games that I have available--Emerald and Sapphire. Of course, the chances of finding one are the same. D8

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever known anyone to say "jumping Jehosophat." (Actually, I've never even known that was a phrase, till you mentioned it.)

    In case you were too lazy/sick to look it up, I got this from Wikipedia:

    The king's name in the oath jumping Jehosaphat was likely popularized by the name's utility as a euphemism for Jesus and Jehovah. The phrase is first recorded in the 1866 novel The Headless Horseman by Thomas Mayne Reid.

    And, you know how language classes always teach the most random/useless phrases? I think it's funny that, in my French class, one of our vocab words is "cripple." There's even a masc/fem version. It's like, "So the French/my school supports putting disabled people down?!!!"

    Cuz school's started, I don't train my Pokemon anymore---the only way they level up is by Pokewalker.

    ReplyDelete