Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SPOILS OF THE DAY

Went home early with Mom and took a trip down to Walgreens. We intended to get stuff for our sickenesses (my cough and Josh's stomachache), but ended up getting more. Apparently, the bill added up to about 70 dollars, but I think my mother just heard the "cents" part of the payment and not the "dollars", which I think was 22.

I walked out with about five items to call my own: A leather burnished journal with a magnetic closure (which I paid for myself), five erasers shaped like sushi, high-lighters in four or five different colors, a bag of Ricola and some tooth floss.

I ADORE the sushi erasers. There were other foods, but I absolutely, positively love those little sushi things. They come apart, so the shrimp and rice or fish or whatever can be used separately. I'm planning on giving a friend this mostly-rice california roll triangle thingy, mostly because she lieks Fruits Basket and she once told me that she was "the rice ball". I drew a rice ball on a paper she graded, and she told me about it, and she said, "Oh, I'm the rice ball!" I also drew a kitty. TohruxKyo pairing on my homework totally unintentional, but OKAY!

And, I think I really like the name Azrael. 8D

4 comments:

  1. I've seen something like those!

    At Office Max, recently, I saw, I dunno what they were, these Japanese hamburger eraser things? I wondered if people seriously used/bought those. I dunno, they seemed kind of breakable/like they'd lose shape easy, but I guess some people do :S

    I've been considering getting a new journal, lately, but then I wonder what I'd write in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use journals to write/draw random crap, and sometimes, if I think something I've written or drawn is really good, I'll put it on my blog. 8D Journals are really good to catch those thoughts you get when you don't have a computer around.

    Do you carry around a little journal (like, 3x5 or 4x7 size)? If not, you should consider it, cuz it's always nice to look back on idle thoughts and doodles. 8D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah---if I carry a book (esp a small one), I'd probably lose it.

    Once, I lost a school book in the mall and I freaked. I literally ran around the mall, knocking people over, like, "I needz mah book! I'm doing my report on it!!!"

    Mostly, I use my phone---I save drafts of ideas/quotes/anything inspirational. (Cuz, yeah, I have no idea how to use that notepad thing on my phone?) It does suck, though, that I can really only capture words I see/words in my mind, not drawings, though, that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes!

    Besides that, I use my phone cuz Jess is a nosy person. In the past, I did carry notecards/pens, but she'd steal them from my room when I wasn't there or whatever, then read them and make fun of me. I switched to using my phone because, that way, I can look like I'm just texting somebody, even though I'm writing some idea I think's inspirational.

    ReplyDelete