Friday, September 24, 2010

I'M SO PATHETIC

In my freshman science class (yes, freshman, because I didn't trust myself to pass Anatomy or Physics after failing Chemistry and having to take it over again), we had an experiment where we were assigned to make a parachute out of plastic bag material. Mine was nice. Not too shabby--and since I tie hemp alot, I knew how to work my way around the kite string we used to tie the parachute to the weights (yeah, I was pretty proud of mahself 8D).

But in order to get those parachutes to work at all, we had to drop them off of the bleachers, about 100 feet in the air. So one of us (a team of two) would have to stay on the ground and time the chute from the moment it was released to the moment it hit the ground. I went first to drop the parachute. After logging the time, I would venture back down to retrieve the chute, and then go ALL THE WAY BACK UP. Of course, after three tries, we would switch positions, but sometimes the stopwatch wouldn't work or one of us (mostly me) didn't know how to work it so if fucked up half the time and yeah... For four different weights, we had to do this. So more than twelve times, I was climbing up and down those bleachers. I thought I had it bad yesterday, my legs all sore from climbing them so many times. I woke up today and thought, "I do NOT want to get up." But I can't miss school, so here I am, on the school computers, talking about my sore legs. >.<

For being muscular, I'm pretty out of shape.

Oh, and I saw one episode of Glee and fell in love. 8D

1 comment:

  1. ha, I didn't trust myself to pass Physics, either, so I dropped it after the first week or two.

    Yeah, I was failing about every homework assignment, got a D on the review, got a D on the test. It was the first time in my life I was actually bad at a class---I thought Calc was super easy, in comparison. Physics was all word problems and you just had to KNOW which formula to use in that class. I thought it was impossible.

    I actually liked Anatomy, though---I thought it was pretty easy, cuz I'm obsessed with health (and have a grandma who is), and Wolfe incorporated a lot of old Bio material. I probably would have done better in the class if I would have studied the graphs/maps (ha, complicated-y pictures? Who looks at THOSE?!)

    Today, I climbed twenty-one flights of stairs for the hell of it. I thought it was easy, but I felt insane---I was afraid someone would notice I was climbing so high, over and over, that they'd think I was a homeless person or something, wandering the campus. Ever since that one day I climbed stairs, I'm obsessed with it---it reminds me of rock climbing and makes me wish I were better at it.

    I don't watch tv or plan to get hooked on any shows. As it is, I never have time for anime, hardly, which, to me, would be some of the only shows worth watching nao.

    ReplyDelete