Saturday, July 31, 2010

ANIME WTF #1

OKAY, WTF?

Runo Misaki is a twelve-year-old anime nightmare. I'm all for outrageous outfits and funky colored hair, but Runo takes it to an extreme. Not only does NOTHING match, but she wears just the worst hairstyle for her hair. She's like some sort of clown hooker. Short skirt, off-the-shoulder top, you can see her PINK BRA STRAPS for crying out loud. That is, if she's wearing any. Whore.

I love her knee-high socks, but those shoes have GOT to go. Seriously, who dresses this girl? Miley Cyrus? Or is she just colorblind? Everything from her head to hips matches somewhat. The rest of the way down, someone call a 911, the fashion police have got to see this.

And what's with those gloves? They look like they should match her boots, but they don't!

I mean, I can understand living on a limited budget, only affording to wear clothes that came from the bottom of the bin at Goodwill, but hand me twenty dollars and take me to Goodwill and I'll have an outfit ten times more stylish than that. Separately, each piece of her clothing looks cute. I think this is how her outfit was chosen--this is cute, that is cute, and this is too. Nothing accents a central piece, like her top and skirt. Even then, she's wearing next to nothing. I'm betting she doesn't even wear panties. Whore.

EVEN WORSE than her outfit is her personality. Runo is a headstrong girl who would describe herself as a "tomboy". Excuse me? What is the exact definition of a tomboy, anyway?

A girl considered boyish or masculine in behavior or manner.

A skirt is NOT considered masculine. Neither is her stubborn mule-headedness. Plenty of girls are stubborn. Runo is just annoying and won't take no for an answer, then gets everyone in a big pile of shit when she does something wrong. HALF of the adversity in the series is HER fault because she is such a STUPID BITCH.

And on top of that, she dresses funny.

1 comment:

  1. Aww... ha, I have no idea what to say to your rant!

    I dunno that I've ever thought anything of her outfit. (I'm not one to care for style---I have no idea what's considered stylish/un-stylish, and never really notice what people wear unless it's REALLY absurd, like, say, Callahan's Hawaiian shirts/rainbow sweaters XD)

    I can also see where you're coming from, with the tomboy thing, buttt, in her defense, at least it's better to act like a tomboy but not dress girly---that way, you're not a poser :3

    ReplyDelete