Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SCREWING AROUND ELSEWHERE

Last monday, I signed up on DeviantArt.

With the same screen-name basically--TheLovelyChemist. There's a journal on DA that I frequently write in, so I haven't paid much attention to my poor Blogger account. I should write in it more. My dreams are getting stranger and stranger. But by the time I get to write about my dreams, it's late in the day, and I've forgotten most of it.

I've been forgetting alot lately. I forget to take my phone with me often. The thing is, I put the damned thing where I figure I won't forget it, and before I leave the house, I forget it. I put the damned thing RIGHT ON MY BED. Usually it's hanging out on the pillow next to mine (I have a full-sized bed, as compared to a twin, to roam around on and throw shit on and shit), but last night it was on my pillow, charging because the chord wasn't long enough to reach to the other side of the bed. You'd think that I would definetly remember my phone screeching at me to wake up at 6:30 and 6:45 in the morning but, this is my routine in which I frequently forget my phone:
  • Wake up
  • Take a shower
  • Put clothes on and put my hair up in a clip
  • Venture outside my room
  • Either make breakfast or go to my mother's bathroom to blow-dry my hair (I don't have a blow-dryer, just a straightener)
  • Go back to my bathroom to straighten my bangs, if I'm in the mood.
  • Make a two-minute breakfast (often instant oatmeal or Hot Pockets)
  • While the breakfast is cooking/making itself thicker/getting ready, go back to my room and bring back three items to the kitchen--my huge-ass purse, my huge-ass backpack, and my huge-ass lunchbox (it's huge as far as lunchboxes go)
  • Eat breakfast
  • While eating breakfast "prepare" lunch (throwing in frozen foods and other snacks)
  • Turn off the light and heater in my room.
  • Close the door.
  • Swallow horse pills for no reason, plus one allergy pill.
  • Walk out the door.

You'd think that when I'm in my room, turning off the electric things, I'd remember to bring my phone with me. Wrong. If it's something that doesn't call for immediate concern, like a heater that potentially left on all day could burn the house down, or a staggering cost on the electric bill because my light was left on, I normally forget about it.

I'm terrible at remembering things. If I have an assignment for school where I have to memorize things, I'll more often than not fail it. Sometimes I can remember little things, such as a quick quote from The Catcher In The Rye, "So long, you jerks!" or something to that effect.

I'm in love with The Catcher In The Rye, and I intend on one day illustrating it or something, but I can't wait until we read The Great Gatsby, because I love the Roarin' Twenties. Flappers, Prohibition, Pinstripes, Zoot-Suits and all that wonderful shit. It was a time where stories are coming out the yin-yang from fast talkers and innocent bystanders. Oh yeah, don't forget them Tommy guns. Holy shit, I want one of those. I'd look like a badass. Or a poser. xDD

No comments:

Post a Comment