Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DIRTY STUPID ME

I looked up the meaning of the snakes last night and alot of it had sexual connotations with it. Some of it meant stupid things like "impending doom" or your fears were haunting you or some shit. I figure if I have fears haunting me, I'll dream about those rather than some stupid symbol about them.

I made a Gackt station on Pandora and I get all this japanese music now. It's pretty rad. I have like thirteen stations on my one account. Is that too much? I've been told I have an eclectic taste in music, so it's not too terrible that I've got so many stations, but I've never really met anyone else with a Pandora account, besides Mr. Cram and maybe Garrett, but I figure they have shallow tastes in music. I know that Garrett likes techno and heavy metal and at least one Miley Cyrus song. Not kidding. It's a really annoying song, too.

I remember being in Web Design and sometimes I'd hear him blaring his high-pitched Japanese girl songs all the way to kingdom come and I'd laugh. The songs just sound stupid from far away.

Kind of reminds me of the time I went to Tucson for a family reunion and Zack listened to one song over and over again the whole three or so hours. Good song, I'll admit, but not something I'd listen to over and over again. He must have had the volume up at 80 decibles or something. The rest of us could hear it all and we told him fifteen times in the beginning to turn it down, but he would just turn it back up. We just gave up and hoped that he would go deaf and regret putting the music up so loud and be a real example to everyone he knew. But no, he has still retained his hearing and is still obnoxious as ever.

I've read The Catcher in the Rye all the way up to the point where Holden rents a room and watches this old guy dress himself in a black evening dress. I laughed. I love it when a book makes me laugh. And I agree with what Holden says about calling up your favorite authors anytime--except, we took some notes on J.D Salinger today and Diddy said that he hated criticism and publicity. So I guess praising him on that one part would be out of the idea. And he made a hermit out of himself, too, so I guess going to get a hamburger or something and just shooting the shit would be out of the question.

Why do the coolest people always have to be such assholes? xDD

2 comments:

  1. Why did you look up the meaning of snakes?

    Also, I've never really understood why people like Gackt. I mean, yeah he's super famous and everything, but I've never thought his music was superb. Then again, I super care about lyrics and I never understand a word that he's saying xD

    I never imagined Cram to have shallow music taste. I always imagined he listened to rock or Christian or both, cuz when I was a sophomore he gave me a Skillet song for an English project.

    Over break I watched the anime Ghost in the Shell---it connected to Catcher in the Rye, which I thought was pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuz Diddy said I should. If she told me to jump off a cliff, I would. xDD Nah, just kidding. I wouldn't go THAT far. xD

    I like Gackt because he's such an original guy. I'm not so much into his Malice Mizer work as his solo stuff. His lyrics mean next to nothing to me, and I love only a select few of his songs (out of the few that I have heard xD), but holy fuck can that man sing. I find it impressive when a man (not a sixteen year old -coughjustinbiebercough-) can hit a high C or F, because most women can't do that. At least not without sounding like they're dying.

    I love Ghost in the Shell btw. Pretty wordy but it's good. 8D

    ReplyDelete