Sunday, December 26, 2010

ABANDONING YOU

I was so wrapped up in video games that I never bothered to write in my blog. It's more like a journal, really. But easier to write in. It doesn't take .5 seconds to write a letter. And 2 seconds to write a word. More like .5 seconds to write a word, if that makes any sense.

I've been thinking more in numbers lately, believe it or not. Like how my dream last night was about how black holes appear--that when there is a negative integer in the XYZ matrix, a black hole appears. It doesn't make any sense at all, but it did while I was asleep. And the two hours afterwards.

For Christmas, I accquired a number of things. Most of it money. My parents think I'm hard to buy for. Am I? Honestly, I appreciate every gift I recieve, even if it's something I have to act like I like. They thought of me, and that's all that counts. For Christmas Eve, I was over at my Dad's house, and we got to open up gifts three days early. It wasn't because anyone was impatient--okay, maybe the ten-year-old with ADHD was--but it was because the gifts we recieved would be so much more fun if we got to use them. The boys got Nerf guns, which I helped assemble. I like being a helping hand on the battlefield. xD I recieved a blanket and pillow set, a macramé set, gift cards, a suede-covered sketchbook, calligraphy pens and candy. I've been making macramé bracelets since, slept with that pillow and blanket more than once (It resides over at my father's house along with the asian Lung plushie and Skunky), drawn in the sketchbook, and eaten all the chocolate I could find in the candy when my period got me in the change-my-drawers-three-times-a-day blues. I also used the calligraphy pens. Once. I haven't done any calligraphy in a little over a year. I used one of the gift cards--an iTunes gift card. I got Chopin, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane (not Starship), Beirut, Oceanlab, AC/DC, Guns n' Roses and Stevie Ray Vaughn all on one disc--of course, many separate songs. I am in possession of only one Chopin and Stevie Ray Vaughn song. The others, I have more than one.

At my grandmother's house, I recieved a much smaller amount of gifts but the significance was just as much if not higher. Scrabble slam, a hand-sewn shawl with pockets on each side, and a sewing box with a whole manner of sewing goodies inside, including but not limited to: a pair of scizzors, a ton of pins, tracing paper, a tape measure, and a wire necklace made by a distant relative. It was a cute gift. I'm officially the old lady of the house.

At home, we opened our presents on Christmas Eve because a few people wouldn't be able to attend the Christmas party. I recieved a box and a basket. My son gave me a pair of mukluks I am currently wearing. It feels like walking on a cloud. My mother and step-father gave me gifts of money, a gift certificate to a professional hair place, candy, lotion and a cinnamon candle. My mother's boss, whom she is close with, gave us all a sum of two hundred and fifty dollars in gift cards. Maybe less. I forgot the exact number. I gave my son a DS Lite so that we can both play, instead of him using my DS all the time. He was estatic. He's also enjoying the Final Fantasy on DS as well. FF never dies.

Christmas Day, we had the party at our house. I didn't get any gifts from anyone, but my cousin Sebastian gave a number of people Christmas cards with two dollar bills in them. Not two separate bills, but one bill with the number two on it. I love Sebastian. He's so quirky. He's got hand writing like a serial killer and a moustache and goatee combination like Robin Hood from Men in Tights. xDD

Now is the best part of Christmas: enjoying the loot and gobbling up the rest of the feast.

I've been playing Bioshock 2, borrowed from my dad and his girlfriend. It's great. I never played the first one. It gives me a terrible headache after two hours, but it's worth it.

I didn't get any clothes this year. Strange. That's one of the many things I expect.

Happy Birthday, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment