Thursday, March 3, 2011

THE DIFFERENCES

between Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Benefits of Chrome:

99.99% of the time, the tabs and windows close. Each new window comes up as a tab MOST of the time; I like this. Great for listening to Pandora and scanning through DA (which is what I use it for mostly). Doesn't take freaking forever for a page to load. Has a nice blank tab page which I can customize with cool themes. 8D

Cons of Chrome:

Not compatible with all sites, such as Hotmail, Facebook (which I don't use anyway), and some "official" sites. Can't click on some links on Flash files, i.e. Pandora... T^T

Benefits of IE:

Compatible with everything.

Cons of IE:

Takes twice as long as Chrome to load a page, and whenever I try to open a tab, the tab may not load until ten minutes later (mind, I CAN open up another FULLY FUNCTIONAL tab while it's loading). Closing tabs is a pain in the ass; especially if the page isn't responding. They may take up as much as 20 minutes to never to close. I may even have to restart the computer JUST to get IE working properly again. Some of this may be the fault of our internet-blocky server thingy (which I know the pw to anyway, so it's not too much of a pain) and the tracking cookies.

So, I think I'll stay with Chrome for the most part, but for things I can't do, I'll have to settle for IE.

Maybe I should add Firefox to our repetoire.

2 comments:

  1. FIREFOX FTW! It's all I use, besides MAYBE Safari. Internet Explorer is destined to make me angry, and I've never used Google Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a lot of people seem to like Firefox. Maybe alot of it is because it's got some some sort of animal connotation? xD

    ReplyDelete